Pipka's Orange Cake
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Pipka’s Orange Extract
- juice from 1/2 orange
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Pipka’s Orange Extract
- 2 Tablespoons (or more as needed) fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon room temperature unsalted butter
- Splash of milk
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees and generously butter and flour Pipka’s Almond Cake pan.
- Beat together sugar, milk, egg, Pipka’s Orange Extract, orange juice and orange zest
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Then add in melted butter.
- Bake 38-40 minutes until edges are golden and top springs back gently.
- Cool on a rack for 6-8 minutes. Turn out of pan and continue cooling.
- When the cake is completely cooled, top with Orange Glaze.
- In a small bowl: Beat powdered sugar, Pipka’s Orange Extract, orange juice and butter.
- Add a splash of milk and continue beating until smooth. It should be thin enough to pour over the cake.
- Place the cake on a cooling rack with 1 sheet of wax paper underneath the rack.
- Pour the glaze over the cake, letting it run down the sides.
- Scatter grated orange zest over the glaze and let it set.
Created using The Recipes Generator