Sunday Morning Apricot Almond Scones
You can also make the dough Saturday night, freeze the dough balls and pop them frozen in the oven the next day. This recipe was inspired by Rachel from Analog Coffee here in Sister Bay.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick cold butter cut into very small pieces
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Pipka’s Almond Extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup dried chopped apricots (chop in a food processor)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Attach the paddle to a stand mixer. Add to the bowl flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder; mix 30 seconds to blend.
- Add cold butter and mix for 3 minutes, just to incorporate. You will see small pieces of butter in the mixture.
- Next add buttermilk, sour cream and Pipka’s Almond Extract (optional)
- Mix then add: dried chopped apricots and sliced almonds; mix just until incorporated (don’t over mix)
- Use a 2 inch ice cream scoop ( or form into balls by hand) and drop onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 (325 convection oven) for 20-25 minutes.
Created using The Recipes Generator