CHICKEN SOUP and SPAETZLE
Chicken Soup Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut in quarters lengthwise
- or 1 package of chicken tenders (leftover chicken is also fine)
- 1 32oz box of chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 stalked of celery, chopped
- 2 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of water (or milk)
- 1 egg.
Chicken Soup Instructions
- Saute celery, carrots and onion in olive oil:
- Add chicken and cook in the vegetable mixture until they are no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth and spices.
- Cook until chicken and vegetable are tender.
- Keep the soup simmering while you make the spaetzle dough.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In a measuring cup, add water (or milk) and 1 egg. Mix together.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the egg mixture. With a fork, stir until flour is incorporated. If the dough is very thick, just add a little more water or milk.
- Rest the spaetzle maker on top of the pan of simmering soup.
- Spoon the spaetzle dough into the spaetzle maker and push the maker back and forth through the holes until all the dough is released.
- The dumplings will cook in less than a minute.
- Scape off any clinging dough with a knife dipped into the hot soup.
Created using The Recipes Generator