Almond Cake with Whipped Bailey's Irish Cream
Almond CakeWhipped BaileyAlmond CakeWhipped Bailey
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp Pipka’s Pure Almond Extract
- ⅔ cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 stick melted unsalted butter, cooled.
- Sliced almonds
- Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Green sugar crystals
- 1 Pint Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Bailey's Irish Cream
- Beat well: sugar, egg, Pipka’s Pure Almond Extract, whole milk and Bailey's Irish Cream.
- Mix in: flour and baking powder. Slowly add melted butter, cooled.
- Generously butter and flour Pipka’s Almond Cake Pan. Pour batter into pan.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds and Turbinado sugar (optional) on top.
- Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool in pan for 6-8 minutes. Invert cake onto cooling rack.
- After the cake has cooled, dust it with a lot of powdered sugar so it almost looks frosted. Then sprinkle green sugar crystals over the top of the cake.
- Place a metal
- bowl and the beater in the fridge for at least an hour or more before preparing the whipped cream. Make sure the heavy whipping cream is also very, very cold.
- Take the bowl and beater out of the fridge and immediately add the cold whipping cream. Beat on slow for a few seconds so it doesn't splatter, then turn the speed to medium for a minute or two.
- When the cream starts to slightly thicken, turn the speed to high. Add powdered sugar and Bailey's Irish Cream.
- To serve, slice cake into wedges and place on a plate dusted with powdered sugar and add whipped cream.
Created using The Recipes Generator