Sunday’s Leek and Mushroom Frittata
Oh my gosh! This Mushroom Leek Frittata is light on the inside, crispy on top and delicious all the way through. You won’t have any leftovers!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted and cut into cubes.
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped leaks (white part only)
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (grow your own)
- 2 ounces cream cheese cut into small cubes
- 2 ounces brie cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup grated cheese plus more for the top
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter a 9 x 9 inch Pyrex pan.
- Saute the garlic in the 2 Tablespoons butter and 2 Tablespoons olive oil until golden. Add the toasted bread cubes and toss. Set aside.
- Saute the leeks, mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper and stir until leeks and mushrooms are tender.
- Layer the ingredients in this order: bread cubes, cheese, vegetables and then the grated cheese.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together and our over the ingredients in the pan. Top with more grated cheese to cover the entire surface.
- Bake 30 minutes. The top should be golden and puffy. Serve immediately. Plate it with a slice of ham and a crispy tossed salad on the side for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Created using The Recipes Generator