Donna’s Easy Lemon Lavender Trifle
- 1 Lemon Lavender Cake (recipe above)
- 1 package French Vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 jar Lemon Curd
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon confectioner’s (powdered) sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pipka’s Lavender Extract
- Lavender buds and lemon zest for topping
- Optional: Add sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries to the layers and/or the topping
- Slice the cake into ½ inch slices, using the indentations made by the cake pan (cut the ends off for sampling!).
- Make the pudding, following package instructions.
- Generously slather the lemon curd on the slices of the cake.
- Beat the whipping cream, confectioner’s sugar and Lavender extract until soft peaks are formed.
- Line the bottom of the bowl with slices of cake; use 1/3 of the pudding as the next layer, followed by a layer of 1/3 of the whipped cream, sprinkled with lavender buds. (Optional: a fruit layer may be added).
- Repeat layers two more times. Top with Lavender buds and lemon zest.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld. Then serve and bask in the compliments received!
Trifle bowl or deep flat bottom glass bowl needed
Created using The Recipes Generator