Lemon Lavender Cake
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large room temperature egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Pipka Lemon Extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon edible lavender buds.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Generously butter and flour the Pipka Almond Cake pan.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and sprinkle with sliced almonds, patting the almonds into the batter (with wet fingers). Bake at 350 degrees for 38-42 minutes, until golden brown. Cool in the pan for 6-8 minutes. Tap the pan on the counter and invert the cake onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely. If adding the Lavender Glaze, refrigerate the cake for at least an hour.
- Lavender Glaze (don't glaze the cake if using for the upcoming trifle) : mix together 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon soft butter, 5 Tablespoons milk and 1/2 teaspoons Pipka Lavender Extract. Pour over the cake. Let set.
Created using The Recipes Generator