Almond Lemon Curd Cupcakes
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cups whole or 2% milk
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Pipka Almond Extract
- 1/12 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick melted and cooled unsalted butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 or more Tablespoons of heavy cream or milk
- 1 teaspoon Pipka’s Lemon Extract
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Generously butter the cupcake pan
- Beat in a medium size bowl sugar, milk, egg and Pipka Almond Extract
- Add in flour and baking powder; beat until blended.
- Slowly pour in melted butter; beat until blended.
- Pour the batter into the cupcake pan, filling almost to the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until the tops are golden brown.
- Let the cupcakes cool for 10 minutes then invert them onto a cooling rack.
- Cool completely before adding the filling.
- Combine and beat butter and powdered sugar
- Add heavy cream or milk, Pipka’s Lemon Extract and fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Beat until light a fluffy, approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Pipe frosting on top of each filled cupcake.
Freeze the Almond cupcakes and fill them later.
Let the kids add their own fillings such as pudding or jam.
Add sprinkles, chocolate shavings or a cherry on top.
Refrigerate any leftover frosting then bring to room temperature before using again.
Add more powdered sugar or milk as needed to make a creamy frosting.
Add other extracts to the cake or frosting such as Pipka’s Cherry or Lavender extract.
Store frosted cupcakes in the fridge until ready to eat. Bring them to room temperature before serving.