Rachel’s All Butter Biscuits with Buttermilk
I could never make a good biscuit until I took a baking class with Rachel this past winter. She taught us how to make All Butter Biscuits with Buttermilk and graciously encouraged me to share the recipe with you:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine in a medium sized bowl: sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour
- Add in the butter and toss by hand to coat the butter
- Add in buttermilk
- Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and combine by hand or with a rubber spatula just until a shaggy dough forms – about ten stirs.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and flatten by hand or with a rolling pin into a rectangle about one inch tall.
- Quarter the rectangle and stack the pieces on top of one another. This will form layers.
- Flatten again into a rectangle about one inch tall.
- Again, quarter the rectangle and stack the pieces on top of one another.
- Repeat this process 2-3 more times. Then flatten the dough into a rectangle and using a bench scraper, trim the edges of the rectangle.
- Cut the biscuits into eight equal pieces. Place on a lined cookie sheet, top with melted butter and bake until golden, about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter and jam or honey.
Created using The Recipes Generator