Black Forest Cherry Filled Cupcakes
- 2/3 cup softened butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz. unsweeted chocolate, melted & cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Kirsch
Tart Cherry Filling
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen Door County tart cherries
- 4 teaspoons Kirsch
Chocolate Butter Frosting
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 or more Tablespoons milk
- Splash of Kirsch
- 1 teaspoon Pipka’s Vanilla Extract
- 4 1/4 cups powdered sugar (add more as needed for piping)
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Maraschino cherries with stems.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter and flour Pipka’s Fillable Cupcake Pan
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add melted chocolate and vanilla. Alternately add dry ingredients and water to the butter mixture. Stir in Kirsch.
- Spoon batter into Fillable Cupcake Pan, 3/4 full. Gently tap batter into sides of each cupcake form. Bake 15-18 minutes. Cool on wire rack 10 minutes then turn pan over to remove cupcakes. Let cool completely.
- For the cherry filling: put sugar, cornstarch, water, Kirsch and cherries into a pan and cook until thickened, stirring often. Remove from heat, place in a glass dish, cover with plastic wrap and let cool. Fill the cavity of each cupcake with 1 Tablespoon or more of cherry filling.
- For the frosting: Beat butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, cocoa powder the unsweetened chocolate until well combined. Add milk and vanilla.Slowly beat in 3 1/4 cup powdered sugar and beat til creamy. Add more milk to the frosting until it’s fluffy and piping consistency. Pipe frosting over the cherry filling in each cupcake.
- Make the whipping cream. Pipe a star on top of the chocolate frosting and add a maraschino cherry with stem. Store in fridge until ready to eat. (They keep well in the fridge so you can even eat them the next day, if you can wait that long.)
Created using The Recipes Generator