For Easter, decorate the cupcakes with Easter bunnies, jelly beans and/or pastel sugar sprinkles. After a big Easter dinner, Pineapple Cupcakes are a light and refreshing dessert.
Served on a pretty pink scalloped platter scattered with pastel jelly beans. Happy Baking and Happy Easter everyone!
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted Land O' Lakes butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pipka's Vanilla Extract
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted Land O' Lakes butter, at room temperature
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pipka's Coconut Extract
- 6 or so Tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy, add sugar and beat until mixed well.
- Add vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the crushed pineapple, including the pineapple juice. Add flour and beat until well incorporated.
- Fill the prepared muffin cups. Bake 16-18 minutes.
- Cream butter until it is light and fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add coconut milk, 1 Tablespoon at a time and beat until the frosting is piping consistency, fluffy and creamy.
- Use a large star shaped tip to pipe the frosting on each cupcake.