Lunch for this lucky girl today was Toffee Bar Brownies, still a little warm, and a tall glass of ice cold milk. I think the garage will have to wait for another day! Baking is so much more fun.
I give these Toffee Bar Brownes 5 BIG stars!
Toffee Bar Brownies
- 1/2 cup of Land O Lakes unsalted butter
- 2 ounces Bakers unsweetened chocolate bars
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Pipka’s Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 Toffee Candy Bars, chopped into chunky pieces
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree. Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan, then line the bottom and sides with parchment paper, (the grease will hold the paper in place). Now, using a brush, butter the parchment paper lining, getting into all the corners.
- In a small pan, melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate bars over medium heat. Stir to incorporate. Then set this aside.
- In a mixer bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add the melted chocolate. Whisk together the flour and salt and slowly add to the batter. This will be a thin batter. Stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts and 3/4 cup of the toffee bars. The batter will now be much thicker. Carefully spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan. Push the batter to the corners and sides so it is evenly distributed. Scatter the remaining toffee bar mixture on top. Dampen your hands and gently press the candy into the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Place the brownies on a cooling rack for 15 mintues. Then invert the brownies onto another cooling rack. Remove the parchment paper and allow the brownies to cool. Invert onto a platter, cut into squares and enjoy! You can store the brownies in an air tight container or wrap individual bars in a plastic wrap.
Every oven is different so watch the backing time closely. After 20 minutes, insert a toothpick to check, it should be clean.
Try adding different candy bars, just be sure to chop them up coarsely.