I made the tart in a 14 x4 inch pan with a removable bottom. It’s the perfect size to cut a nice size chunk of Summer Cherry Tomato Tart for each serving and fits beautifully on my Tuscana Melamine tray. Have you used my trays yet? They look like they were just painted on Italian pottery but they are Melamine! I use my Melamine tray every time I serve cupcakes, cheese and crackers, tarts and my famous Almond Cake. The tray is dishwasher safe, you can cut on it and you’ll never have to worry if it accidently drops on the floor. This tray won’t break! There are many patterns to chose from at www.pipkas.com/shop.
Summer Cherry Tomato Tart
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 stick butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 lbs. assorted small cherry tomatoes. Cut in half if they are large.
- 1 generous Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly grated pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted, chopped olives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a
- food processor
- pulse flour, butter and salt until mixture looks crumbly (10-20 seconds).
- In a small bowl whisk together egg
- Yolks and water.
- With the food processor running, add the yolk mixture.
- Stop as soon as the mixture comes together.
- Distribute the crumbly mixture evenly in a
- 14” x 4” tart pan
- nnwith a removable bottom. Press the crust into the pan and around the edges.
- Press the pine nuts into the bottom of the crust. Prick the crust with a fork and cover with tin foil. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove foil and reduce temperature to 350. Bake 8 minutes more until crust is golden. Let cool completely before filling.
- Oven: 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, toss tomatoes, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper. Transfer to the baked crust. Bake 15 minutes. Top with crumbled goat cheese and olives. Bake another 10 minutes. Let cool slightly then lift the bottom out and transfer the baked tart to a serving tray.
You can use the baked crust to prepare season fruit tarts, such as raspberries or strawberries.